Download a membership application
Download a confidential financial assistance application
Download Member Guidebooks for County, Downtown/UPMC Hamot, Eastside Family, and Glenwood Park .
Membership Means More
At the Y, you’re not just a member of a facility; you’re part of a cause. With a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but within our community too.
We are open to everyone and embrace diversity and our programs reflect the unique needs of our community. We are constantly updating our facilities and adding to our program offerings to fit the needs of you and your family and those in the community.
Affordable for All
We believe that no one should ever be denied membership to the Y and access to our programs and services because of inability to pay. With generous donations to our annual support campaign We Build People, the Y offers income-based membership rates and a financial assistance scholarship program to ensure Y access for all.
Healthier Kids Brighter Futures
We believe that the values and skills learned early on in life are the building blocks of life. At the Y, children and teens learn values and positive behaviors, and can explore their unique talents and interests, helping them realize their full potential. That makes for confident kids today and contributing adults tomorrow.
Among our offerings for youth:
- Early Learning & School-Age Enrichment
- Swim, Sports & Play
- Education and Leadership
- Summer Camp
Helping You Live Better
Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body. That’s why health, well-being and fitness are so much more than just working out. Beyond modern fitness facilities, we provide educational programs to promote healthier decisions, and offer a variety of programs that support physical, intellectual and spiritual strength.
At the Y, a supportive community is a big part of wellness. At every age and at every activity level, you’ll find people just like you looking to live a bit healthier. Members and program participants often cite the supportive atmosphere of other members and staff as some of the key factors in their achievement of greater well-being.
Among Our Offerings
- Healthy Family Home/Family Strengthening
- Health, Well-being and Fitness
- Sports and Recreation
- Group Interests and Hobbies
The generosity of others is at the core of the Y as a nonprofit organization. It is only through the support of hundreds of volunteers and public and private donors that we are able to give back to our neighbors through vital community programs and services.
Among Our Offerings
- Summer Meals Program
- Recreation Program for Kids
- Learn to Swim
- Social Services/Social Issue
- Volunteerism and Giving
Value of a Y Membership
- Membership privileges to all YMCA of Greater Erie Branches and YMCA Camp Sherwin (Metro)
- Volunteer and philanthropic opportunities.
- Fully trained staff who are always ready to assist you.
- Clean,well-maintained facilities
- Access to YMCA Camp Sherwin and the Tri-Community Outdoor Pools & Waterpark
- Free health and wellness programs such as the Y’s Wellness Coach program and nutrition and wellness seminars.
- Hundreds of group exercise classes offered weekly including ZUMBA, cycle, yoga, Pilates, water fitness and more
- Specialty fitness classes and services like Les Mills, TRX Suspension Training, Kettlebell, Prenatal Yoga and Personal Training
- Opportunities to participate in group runs, walks, cycling and swimming events
- Free drop-in Childwatch to ensure your child is in a safe and fun environment while you use the Y.
- Participation in health insurance fitness center discount programs including SilverSneakers and Silver & Fit.
- Member discount on programs that require a fee including Early Care, School-Age Enrichment and Summer Camp
- Member discount on massage and energy services
- Nationwide access: more than 2,400 YMCAs across the country will honor your YMCA of Greater membershipas part of the YMCA’s AWAY program (Always Welcome at the Y)
Select from a range of membership options:
A Metro Membership provides unlimited access to any of our five membership facilities, plus the fabulous YMCA Camp Sherwin, our public camping and recreation facility, located in Lake City, PA. The majority of health and wellness programs are included in membership, and for those that are not, members enjoy a significant program discount. Visit as often as you like to take classes and enjoy the facilities and equipment. A one-time joiner fee of $25 will be added to your membership. Download a membership application
Metro Membership Rates
Senior Adult $36.80
Couple/Senior Family $59.84
Young Adult $32.99 (through age 26)
A Branch Membership offers unlimited use at the specific branch you choose. This membership type is only offered at the County Y in Edinboro or the Downtown/UPMC Hamot Ys in Erie. The majority of health and wellness programs are included in membership, and for those that are not, members enjoy a significant program discount. Visit as often as you like to take classes and enjoy the facilities and equipment. Branch ONLY membership rates vary by branch and are only offered at the Downtown, UPMC Hamot and County Y locations. Inquire at your specific branch. Download a membership application
The Y offers income-based rates for individuals and families. Proof of income is required as well as a current tax statement. To apply for a lower rate based on income please inquire at a specific branch or use the rate calculator. Calculate your rates. Download a membership application
Financial Assistance/Scholarship Membership
As a nonprofit, charitable organization, the Y provides financial assistance for Y membership and programs in order to ensure that everyone, regardless of your income, has access to the Y. If fees prove to be an obstacle in your Y participation, please inquire at your local branch. Download a membership application. Download a confidential financial assistance application
Health Plan Fitness Center Discount Programs
Many health plans are offering a “fitness center” benefit as part of their offerings. And, while we know the Y is much more than a gym or fitness center, we’re participating in a handful of these offers to increase access and affordability of Y memberships. The YMCA of Greater Erie currently participates in SilverSneakers Fitness Program, UPMC My Health Community, Silver & Fit, and Coventry Cares. For more information contact your insurance provider or the Y’s Membership Desk.
We understand that military families are under enormous strain. As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
Who is eligible for Military membership?
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
What do I need to do?
- Bring your Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to the Y for verification. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA.
Corporate Wellness Membership
There’s no doubt about it that workplace wellness is worth it. We believe that healthy employees help make a healthy and successful company. Our Corporate Wellness Program is tailored by employer in order to best meet the needs of the employer. Customization includes utilization reporting and reimbursement incentives, guest speakers, participation in corporate health fairs and corporate sporting leagues are available as well.