YOUR SUMMER DESTINATION FOR MEMBERSHIP. JOIN FOR THE SUMMER – OFFER BEGINS MAY 15. YOUNG ADULTS $99 ADULTS, $139 AND FAMILIES $199.
Calculate your rates.
Download a confidential application
The Y is a membership organization open to everyone. Our five local membership branches embrace diversity and our programs reflect the unique needs of our community. Women, men, girls and boys of any age, race, ethnicity religion, ability and financial circumstance can benefit from the wonderful programs we offer.
The Y wants to help you and your family develop the lifestyle habits and relationships you need to be healthy, confident and connected to others. Integral to our mission is to provide access to Y membership and our programs for everyone regardless of income. Income based membership rates and a financial assistance scholarship program ensure access to the Y for all.
Enjoy the benefits of membership
We know firsthand how difficult it can be to find balance in life. That’s why we’re here with you every day, 7 days a week, making sure that you, your family and your community have the resources and support needed to learn, grow and thrive. Download Member Guidebooks for County, Downtown/UPMC Hamot, Eastside Family, and Glenwood Park .
As a member of the Greater Erie YMCA, you will enjoy:
- Membership privileges to all YMCA of Greater Erie Branches and YMCA Camp Sherwin (Metro)
- Free access to Eastside YMCA Tri-Community Pool (Eastside Branch & Metro)
- FREE 12-week Personal Wellness Program – great for new or returning exercisers!
- Fun & Fit Center for kids 8-14 years old at Glenwood YMCA (Metro or Glenwood Branch)
- Unlimited use of wellness centers, including all cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Indoor track facilities
- Use of gymnasium during open and family gym times (based on branch schedule)
- Unlimited group exercise and water fitness classes
- Active older adult programs and activities
- Daily use of locker room facilities
- Dry Sauna and Whirlpool
- Unlimited use of pool during lap swim and open swim times (based on branch schedule)
- Child Watch/Adventure Zone (Child Care while you work out)
- Youth and Adult sport leagues and classes
- Progressive swim lessons
- A.W.A.Y. privileges (Always Welcome at YMCAs). Use your YMCA card at more than 2,000 Y’s nationwide.
- Volunteer opportunities
Select from a range of membership options
At the Y, you’re not just a member of a facility; you’re part of a cause. With a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, improving health and well being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership gives you and your community the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
We offer different memberships to fit your lifestyle and goals for one low, monthly fee.
A Metro Membership provides unlimited access to any of our four membership facilities, plus the fabulous YMCA Camp Sherwin, our public camping and recreation facility, located in Lake City, PA. The majority of health and wellness programs are included in membership, and for those that are not, members enjoy a significant program discount. Visit as often as you like to take classes and enjoy the facilities and equipment.
Metro Membership Rates
Senior Adult $34.69
Senior Family $56.41
Young Adult $31.10
A Branch Membership offers unlimited use at the specific branch you choose: County, Downtown/UPMC Hamot. The majority of health and wellness programs are included in membership, and for those that are not, members enjoy a significant program discount. Visit as often as you like to take classes and enjoy the facilities and equipment.
Branch Membership Rates
Branch ONLY membership rates vary by branch and are only offered at the Downtown, UPMC Hamot and County Y locations. Inquire at your specific branch.
Health Plan Fitness Center Offers
Many health plans are offering a “fitness center” benefit as part of their offerings. And, while we know the Y is much more than a gym or fitness center, we’re participating in a handful of these offers to increase access and affordability of Y memberships. The YMCA of Greater Erie currently participates in SilverSneakers Fitness Program, UPMC My Health Community, Silver & Fit, Coventry Cares and Military One Source. For more information contact your insurance provider or the Y’s Membership Desk.
We understand that military families are under enormous strain. As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
Who is eligible for Military membership?
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
What do I need to do?
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or 800-342-9647 to confirm your eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Find a participating Y in your area using the search tool below.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to a participating YMCA for verification. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA.
Corporate Wellness Membership
There’s no doubt about it that workplace wellness is worth it. We believe that healthy employees help make a healthy and successful company, so we offer a reduced membership rate when six or more employees from the same company become members. Additional corporate wellness benefits such as guest speakers, participation in corporate health fairs and corporate sporting leagues are available as well.
View the Corporate Membership Rates
Check to see if your To See If Your place of employment participates.
Our payment plans are designed to make joining easy and affordable. You may choose from an automatic funds transfer from your checking or savings account or make one annual payments. When you join the Y, you’re coming together with men, women and children from your community who are committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. To find out more, stop in to your local Y and experience how we empower more than 30,000 members and program participants to be more healthy and connected.