The Branch Advisory Board serves as a critical community champion of the branch YMCA. Members of the Branch Advisory Board share their gifts in service to our mission by providing our organization with their professional expertise; their diverse knowledge of constituent perspectives; their connections to local resources, colleagues or peers; their philanthropic support or other forms of needed assistance. The Branch Advisory Board has no governing function within the organization.
- Attend Branch Advisory Board meetings and any assigned task force.
- Familiarize yourself with the YMCA’s mission, programs, and core values.
- Be an advocate for the YMCA.
- Raise awareness of YMCA initiatives within the branch service area.
- Ask discerning questions, constructively participate in deliberations, and give input according to your convictions, background, and expertise.
- Make a contribution to the We Build People Annual Support campaign.
- Assume a leadership role in the We Build People Annual Support campaign. (You may be asked to serve in a capacity that may require additional time commitments)
- With other board members and staff be certain that all program efforts are consistent with the YMCA’s goals and objectives.
- Assume leadership of board groups and events as requested (such as committee, task force, or special project chairs).
- Volunteer additional time for special projects or events.
- Keep YMCA business in confidence.
Three years (unless serving by special appointment or filling an un-expired term). Members may be re-elected for two terms.