During this temporary closure, we are committed to helping keep Erie healthy and strong in spirit, mind and body. The Y is still here to help you stay active, healthy and connected in your own home, and on your own time. We invite you to utilize new virtual tools shown below. Virtual Health and Wellness is a place for us to share content, resources and activities with you to keep you healthy and active. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram (search ymcaerie) for additional information.
Help us reopen safely by taking this 7 question survey.
Join Erie Y instructors for daily Facebook LIVE classes starting Monday, April 13. Catch pre-recorded classes from ZOOM throughout the week that you can do anytime. Click here for this week’s schedule.
The YMCA workouts that you love, but at home! Choose from a variety of classes including Barre, Yoga, Bootcamp and Active Older Adult Videos. Workout videos are 8-30 minutes and categorized by type of exercise.
This fitness challenge is designed for members to keep moving and be active in ways that may have never been thought of before. Participants log, track and complete 600 minutes of activity throughout the course of 30 days- and compete with Y members to see who can rack up the most points! This is FREE to members across the country. This challenge will feature many suggested workouts, including what is found on Y360.
Your Y At Home: Active Older Adults
Stay virtually connected to the Y through these activities from Ys across the U.S. that will help you maintain a healthy mind, body and spirit from the comfort of your home.
Les Mills At Home On Demand
Thanks you our partnership with Les Mills, this temporary site allows free access to 100+ workouts during the COVID-19 disruptions. There is something for everyone from high intensity interval training designed to improve strength and fitness fast, dance fitness workouts, the martial arts inspired BODYCOMBAT Invincible program through to mindfulness practices to slow the stream of thoughts that can cause our stress. The BORN TO MOVE children’s workouts will get everyone from 4 to 16 years moving, and out post-partum series will help get mothers back to exercise safely.
During this unprecedented time, we want to continue helping families stay healthy and sane by offering some fun ways to expend energy together. With schools not in session and no formal recess or P.E., we hope you will use these workouts to make family fitness fun and a part of your daily routine.
Life Fitness Digital Coach
Choose from three workout of the day categories each day. Digital Coach can be launched using any web browser on your computer or mobile device. Refresh each day for a new set of workouts, created by our Life Fitness Academy trainers (ACE and NASM certified), you can stay in shape at no extra cost until you can get back into the gym.
SilverSneakers On Demand
SilverSneakers members can view classes, health tips and workout videos designed by top SilverSneaker instructors.
- America’s Test Kitchen For Kids
- Stay Connected with Virtual Postacards
- Healthy @ Home Newsletter – May 8th
- Healthy @ Home Newsletter – May 1st
- Healthy @ Home Newsletter – April 14th
- Healthy @ Home Newsletter – April 7th
- Healthy @ Home Newsletter – March 23rd
- Healthy @ Home Newsletter – March 30th
- Healthy Eating
- Family Recipes for Your Young Chefs
- Long Lasting Fruits and Vegetables
- Support Your Health With Nutrition
- How to Keep Your Immune System Healthy
- Get the Most From Your Fruits and Vegetables
- Get Cooking: Healthy at Home Recipes
- Scholastic at Home
- I Can Be What?
- Erie County Historical Society Local History Lessons
- Erie County Public Library Universal Class
- Have Fun Teaching Relief Packs
- Lunch Doodles
- Circletime Fun
- Mystery Science
- Storyboard That
- Virtual Field Trips
- Fun Math Games
- Science Activities
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Support
- Coding for Kids
- Snoopy STEM
- Sight Word Videos
- Math Fluency
- Museum Tours
- Bill Nye The Science Guy
- Activity Printables
- Math Playground
- Book Printables
- Art and Music
- Math Worksheets
- Physical Education
- Highlights Magazine
- Podcasts for Kids
- Create Your Own Paper City
- Toilet Paper Tube Dinosaurs
- Pine Cone Friends
- Leaf People Craft
- Mini Marshmallow Shooters
- Building Outdoor Forts
- Social Distancing BINGO
- Indoor and Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
- Goodnight With Dolly
- Asbury Woods Virtual Visit
- Fancy Friday Fun
- Your Y At Home: Kids and Families
- Home-made Playdough
- Boredom Busters
- Disney Coloring Pages
- Superhero Workout
- Indoor Play
- Superhero Workout
- PLAYtime LIVE with The Erie Playhouse
- Operation Cheer
- Screen Free Activities
- 5 Minute Crafts
- Card Games
- Amazon FREE Family Titles
- Juinor NBA
- Healthy at Home: Get Creative