July 18, 2018 @ 11:00 am – 6:30 pm
Venango Valley Inn & Golf Course
$85/person includes green fees, cart, lunch, dinner and tee gift.
Register Online here.
Registration along with a light lunch begins at 11:00 AM with a shotgun start to follow promptly at 12 Noon. Participants ages 70 and over will be eligible to drive from the senior tees, if desired.
Corporate sponsorships are available for this event, including: lunch and dinner sponsors, as well as longest drive, longest putt and closest to pin contest sponsors. Click here for sponsorship levels.
Top 3 team scores, Longest Putt, Closest to Pin, Longest Drive
Programs that benefit from your support:
- Only about 1/2 of youth are exposed to the 40 Developmental Assets which help prepare them for life and avoid risky and unhealthy behaviors. We provide community based programming that offers mentorship, academic enrichment, creative expression, positive values and conflict resolution.
- 18% of kids in PA are responsible for taking care of themselves after school. We provide scholarships for low-income kids wanting to attend after school enrichment programs.
- Drowning is still the second leading cause of accidental death under age 14. We provide community based learn to swim programs.
- Kids with diabetes often feel excluded from their favorite activities including birthday parties, holidays and sleepovers. We provide scholarships for youth to attend Diabetes Camp at YMCA Camp Fitch – an inclusive camp with support staff which helps them feel included with their peers.
- 30% of third graders in Erie score unproficient in reading. We provide learning programs which lay the foundation for reading readiness through daily reading and language based skills including vocabulary, letter and sound identification.
- 40% of Erie’s kids are unprepared for Kindergarten. We provide scholarships for low-income kids to attend high quality preschool at little or no cost and a community based program to help caregivers at home.
- 4 out of 5 inmates in Erie are high school drop outs. We provide community based tutoring, job readiness and post-secondary programs for teens.
Meals for Kids
- Erie County has 10 food deserts – areas where access to healthy food is a concern for kids. We provide a mobile meals site for kids – YMCA Food + Fun bus – serving meals right in neighborhoods.
- 30% of Erie’s kids are overweight or obese. We commit to limiting processed foods and increasing fresh fruit and vegetables in our meals through our program and community based meals sites. We serve over 250,000 meals annually.
- 25% of families spend less time together and 43% don’t eat family dinner. We provide community based programs that strengthen family bonds.