Be a part of meaningful, enduring change
The Y is a volunteer- founded, volunteer-led organization. The Y’s cause is to strengthen communities, committed every day to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Y volunteers contribute thousands of hours each year helping our community to learn, grow and thrive.
When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in creating significant change right in your own neighborhood. Whether you want to help people improve their overall health, support children and youth as they grow into adults, create a welcoming environment, or simply make a difference in someone’s life, the Y has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities to match your passion, skills and schedule, including coaching youth sports, participating on boards and committees, and coordinating special events.
Here are just a few of the many benefits you can receive from volunteering:
- New skills, increased confidence and enhanced leadership skills
- Fulfillment from knowing you are making a difference in your community
- Valuable work experience
- New friends from all walks of life
- Being a part of an organization with a history of giving back to its community
- Completing community service hour requirements
Click the link above for ongoing volunteer opportunities, or take a look at the SPECIAL Volunteer Opportunities on the right-hand side. Click on the link of your liking to see what’s current.
- Volunteer Application (All in one)
If you have any questions please call (814) 452-1432 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.