The Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts program makes quality pre-kindergarten programs available to Pennsylvania residents at no cost to qualifying families. It is funded through a grant from the State of Pennsylvania. Full day program instructional time is 5 hours and half day program is 3 hours. All meals and snacks are included. The Y offers a number of Pre-K Counts classrooms throughout the service area. A Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts application must be filled out completely and submitted for consideration.
Download this Parent Handbook for important information on what to expect, our policies and instructional philosophy.
Download and complete the following editable forms for Enrollment:
- Enrollment Packet
- Enrollment Packet- Summer Camp Only
- Child Physical Form
- Medical Plan of Care
- Financial Assistance Application
Desktop Users: Download Application, Save, Complete, Save and email to [email protected]
How Does it Work? If your child is enrolled in a Pre-K Counts program, the hours that they attend that program are free for you and your family. It is important to note that Pre-K Counts funding does not always cover a full day of child care. If your child needs after hours care, for example, you may need to pay that cost out of pocket. Check with your program director to determine what hours the program is funded by Pre-K Counts.
Am I eligible? AM I ELIGIBLE?
You are likely eligible for Pre-K Counts if:
- Your child is between the ages of 3 and 5 as required by your local school district
- You meet income guidelines: Your child’s eligibility to receive Pre-K Counts funding is based on your family’s size and income. To be eligible to receive Pre-K Counts funding, your total annual family income must be less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Look below to see whether you’re likely to quality for Pre-K Counts based on the number of people in your family and how much you make:
|FAMILY SIZE||MAXIMUM YEARLY FAMILY INCOME (2018)|
Your child’s safety and security is our top priority and is achieved through established and practiced procedures. We take every precaution to insure safety for your child, including:
- Secure entry
- Frequent site inspections
- Maintenance of buildings, playgrounds and equipment
Healthy meals and snacks are the cornerstone of your child’s learning throughout the day. Smart food choices are taught and modeled by our staff such as drinking water and the importance of all four food groups.
Physical activity is an important part of every day at the Y. Large motor skills are developed through daily active play. Your child’s physical skills are individually strengthened through the use of the Y’s extensive facilities—including playgrounds, gyms, pools and more.
With loads of activity and learning, kids need time to recharge. Rest time is scheduled daily in calming environments with caring supervision.