Best White Chicken Chili
This white chicken chili recipe is a cold-weather favorite! It’s a flavorful blend of healthy, comforting ingredients, all simmered together in one pot!
PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME: 30 mins TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
COURSE: Dinner CUISINE: American SERVINGS: 6 servings
CALORIES: 420kcal AUTHOR: Lisa Bryan
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion diced
1 bell pepper diced
1 jalapeno seeds removed and finely diced
4 garlic cloves minced
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ounces green chilies
4 cups shredded chicken
2 (15-ounce) cans white beans drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen or fresh corn
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice
avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, and cheese for garnishing
1. Blend one cup of the white beans with one cup of the chicken broth in food processor.
Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender or even mash the beans with a fork, and then stir them with the broth. Set this aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno
pepper to the pot. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the garlic and spices and stir for another minute, toasting the spices.
4. Add the chicken broth and pureed bean mixture and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the green chilies, chicken, corn, white beans, and chopped cilantro. Simmer for a couple of minutes, until it’s warmed through. Then add the lime juice and give it another stir.
6. Serve the white chicken chili and garnish with avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, and cheese before serving, if you’d like.