Erie, PA – The YMCA of Greater Erie is reopening an additional childcare center at its glenwood park location, 3727 Cherry Street, and YMCA Early Learning Center, 3507 Poplar Street, as employees slowly begin to return to work in compliance with Governor Tom Wolf’s Plan for Pennsylvania Yellow Phase which took effect Friday, May 8.
The Y’s glenwood childcare and Early Learning Center locations will reopen on Monday, May 18 for employees of businesses that have been moved from the red to yellow phase.
Enrollment is open now for children ages infant-15 by calling Stacy Dambaugh at (814) 572-6549 or emailing [email protected] or enroll online at ymcaerie.org.
- Care is available from 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Staff and children will be given a daily “well-check” upon entry. Should your child meet the CDC’s three warning signs – fever, cough or shortness of breath – your child will not be permitted to remain in care and can return only with a doctor’s excuse.
- Group size will be limited to 10 or less children
- Children over age 2 are required to have a face covering
- Parents are required to have a face covering
- We will no longer serve family style; staff will serve all meals
- Parents will NOT escort their children to and from the classroom; Y staff will greet children and escort them to and from the classroom to minimize the number of contacts in our building.
- We will take extra precaution on cleaning and disinfecting our toys and classrooms; this will be in addition to our licensed requirements.
- Should your child become sick, the child will be removed and placed in a designated sick room and the parent called to pick up.
The Y expects to reopen additional centers as the Governor moves through his Plan for Pennsylvania.