Erie Gives Day
Just like every crisis before, we come together in the name of our humanity. And just like it’s been for the last 160 years, the Y is here for good.
As you know, the Y is a non-profit. Although our facilities have reopened, the Y is still serving the community in a way that is not defined by a physical building.
We continue to show up by:
- Providing essential childcare services for 400 families returning to work so they can begin to recover financially
- Creating a safe and active space for youth in public parks
- Serving 3000 free meals and snacks weekly to children to relieve financial strain on families
- Distributing 120 free fresh produce boxes weekly to supplement family budgets
- Inspiring total wellness with free virtual resources including local, live classes and activities for families
- Financial assistance program for families to rejoin the Y when family budgets are tight
What we know for sure is as this pandemic finally starts to slow, the services we provide at the Y will be needed like never before.
What is Erie Gives Day?
Support your favorite causes during Erie Gives on August 11, 2020. Brought to you by The Erie Community Foundation and its generous sponsors, the signature event promotes the nonprofit sector, which, during the COVID-19 pandemic, is in the unique position of having to continue to provide services while experiencing decreasing resources.
You can be a philanthropist with a gift of just $25 or more. Make your gift online, mail a check, or gift the required minimum distribution from your IRA. For complete instructions on mailing your check, simply download the Erie Gives check contribution form and send it with your check to the Foundation, 459 West 6th Street, Erie, PA 16507.
Give To the Y on Erie Gives Day
- help provide essential childcare for children of our returning workforce
- help provide free meals for kids and produce boxes for families
- help reduce membership fees for families as they recover financially
We’re still here for those who need us the most. Thanks for your support, We can’t do this alone.
The YMCA of Greater Erie marks 160 years of service to Erie County in August 2020 and was recently named “Nonprofit of the Year” by the Nonprofit Partnership
Erie Gives Day 2020